Freedom Fighters Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Fighters Clan

Welcome To The Home Of Freedom Fighters Clan

HomeFF HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Due to the lag in the server, we will be moving the server to a new location.

To enter the chat, click on "Login" in the Chatbox bellow. To see older messages in the chat, click on "Archives"

RTCW Master Server Is back!! Smile

Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wit

Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Empty
PostSubject: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime02/07/10, 09:13 pm

Hi FF!

Some of you will know me from ATEAM 1 - [FT]Wit.

I've organised an event for FT: a friendly FT vs FT scrim. Lisa leading one team, and Sniper57 leading the other. However, not all FT can be there and FF are good friends (and good players) so we wanted to invite you to the game too!

It will be:

Wednesday, July 7th at 8pm GMT, on FT server. It will be instagib goldrush, of course, as this is the only Mod worth speaking about! Very Happy

Storm and Pwnt already said they were interested! We only have 14 slots on the server, but I imagine there will be plenty of space. Come along!

I will post a password on here asap as we will lock the server.

All best,
Wit

Razz Laughing Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Suspect vs Suspect Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Shocked bounce
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime02/07/10, 11:42 pm

Hey Guys,

As Wit said, we would be glad to play with you on Tuesday evening (evening for me at least). I know american players will have a high ping but they're welcome if they wish take part in. But as Wit said, we have only 14 slots then we won't be able to let play all of you and I'm sorry for this.

Cheerz,

Sniper57
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

TAG : ¯||FF||¯StoRm ***

PostSubject: EXTRA DETAILS FOR TIME ZONES   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime03/07/10, 07:45 pm

Here is some details about the match times

Current Date: Wednesday 07/07/2010
GMT Time: 20:00
-------------------------------
Eastern Europe:
Time: 23:00 (Summer time)

Western Europe:
Time: 22:00 (Summer time)

Atlantic: (Canada/Venzuella...etc)
Time: 17:00 (Summer time)

Mexico:
Time: 16:00 (Summer time)

Australia: Sydney
Date: Thursday 08/07/2010
Time: 06:00 AM

please make sure of the times, you can check according to the Clockit WorldMap in the main page of this forums.

Last edited by Storm on 05/07/10, 04:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime03/07/10, 09:24 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm sorry but due to a disadvantage on Tuesday, Scrim is reported to Wednesday at the same hour. I'm sorry again.

Cheerz,

Sniper57
Back to top Go down
EgosuM
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
EgosuM

TAG : ¯||FF||¯EgosuM ***

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 12:20 am

ok count on me; i will be there.
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 12:26 am

OK with you Egosum, we're now 13. One slot left. We won't be able to accept more than one player I'm sorry.
Back to top Go down
Wit

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 01:07 am

Sorry to have to change to Weds 7th. Hope everyone can still make it.

Looking forward to it Very Happy

Best,
Wit
Back to top Go down
EgosuM
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
EgosuM

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 07:32 am

hmmm wednsday is germany vs spain match man at the same time of the scrim; i dont think i will be able to play while this match its going on; i love soccer and i wont miss this match at all.
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 01:31 pm

Lol ok No problem Ego. Then we're now 12. 2 Slots left.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 02:28 pm

EgosuM wrote:
hmmm wednsday is germany vs spain match man at the same time of the scrim; i dont think i will be able to play while this match its going on; i love soccer and i wont miss this match at all.

are you sure about the time??
8 at french time is 9 here, and the champion matchs doesnt start at that time..
i don't have the schedual but i either cannot miss german games grrr
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 02:53 pm

oh this is true ego.. 9:30 is the time for matchs:S
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 03:38 pm

Do as you like there's no problems but we can't move the match. ON tomorrow it's too short , on thrusday Lisa and me can't play and after thursday Lisa won't be able to play.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 03:42 pm

yeah i think i will be the half an hour before the german match
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 04:11 pm

Storm you said 8pm at french time but it's false It satarts at 9pm at French Time. Then I think it starts at 10pm at you.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 04:48 pm

Sniper57 wrote:
Storm you said 8pm at french time but it's false It satarts at 9pm at French Time. Then I think it starts at 10pm at you.
your 8 PM is my 9 PM
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime04/07/10, 07:30 pm

Yeah but It's Wit's 8pm cause he's in GMT+0 zone. I'm in GMT+1 zone then it's 9pm in France so as you're in GMT+2 zone the match starts at 10pm in your country. Smile
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 04:34 am

Sniper57 wrote:
Yeah but It's Wit's 8pm cause he's in GMT+0 zone. I'm in GMT+1 zone then it's 9pm in France so as you're in GMT+2 zone the match starts at 10pm in your country. Smile
ouch i didn't notice its 8 GMT i thought 8 at French time.
well i'm GMT +2 and you are GMT +1, but we work in summer daylight don't forget this Smile.. you also have to add an extra hour for summer timing because GMT time doesn't change in summer/winter its contast.
so its GMT + your GMT time zone + summer hour.
at french it will be 10 PM, and mine will be 11.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 04:38 am

Back to top Go down
EgosuM
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
EgosuM

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 05:36 am

ok so now i can play; for colombia is 17:00 so i have no problem; match is 13:30. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 12:17 pm

No no no Storm. Everyone got the Summer hour so there's no problems. This starts at 8pm in England then at Wit. It starts at 9pm at me cuz I'm one zone farther than him and it starts at 10pm at you cuz you're in one zone farther than me. You see ?
Back to top Go down
Wit

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 12:21 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the Spain v. Germany game start at 6.30pm GMT? Whereas the FT scrim starts at 8pm GMT. In France that means, game starts 7.30pm, Scrim starts 9pm. Therefore, you can watch the match, and just turn up to the scrim half an hour or so late Very Happy

Wit
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 12:22 pm

I checked out for you Ego and I saw you're in GMT-5 zone then It starts at 3pm for you and not 5pm Smile
Back to top Go down
Sniper57

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 12:26 pm

No Wit the football match starts at 8:30pm in France. Then at 19:30pm in England then a half an hour before the match everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Wit

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 01:04 pm

Look: let us set this straight once and for all.

There are two types of time: GMT and DST. In the summer most of us use DST. DST = GMT+1.

(who uses DST: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time)

I set the scrim time at 8pm GMT+0, which means 9pm DST+0. This is 10pm in France as they are DST+1 at the moment (which I only just discovered).

The football match (our mutual reference point) starts at: 7.30pm DST+0 (i.e. 6.30pm GMT+0). Therefore, it starts at 7.30pm in England, 8.30pm in France.

It seems (unless I am wrong) that Sniper thought I meant the Scrim should start at 8pm DST+0 (i.e. 7pm GMT+0; 9pm en France in July). That may be a better time to start, so that the scrim doesn't end too late. But, on the other hand, the later time is better for the football: people could arrive after the football game, only half an hour late for the scrim.

Let's decide quickly when it is we want to start.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime05/07/10, 01:40 pm

My current local time now is 13:38, and the current GMT hour now is 10:38 AM.
I'm GMT + 2 + Summer Daylight, it meanst GMT + 3 in the summer Smile
i also checked france. it now 12:38, it means France = GMT + 1 + Summer daylight = GMT + 2 in the summer..
all the countries have an hour plust minust in the summer, while GMT keeps constant, it doesn't change, logically because its in the center Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D   Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invite to a friendly SCRIM :D
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next