Freedom Fighters Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Fighters Clan

Welcome To The Home Of Freedom Fighters Clan

HomeFF HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Due to the lag in the server, we will be moving the server to a new location.

To enter the chat, click on "Login" in the Chatbox bellow. To see older messages in the chat, click on "Archives"

RTCW Master Server Is back!! Smile

Help with the /cl_timenudge command

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kustom
Retired Member

TAG : ¯||FF||¯Kustom ***

Help with the /cl_timenudge command Empty
PostSubject: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime03/10/13, 03:15 pm

Hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knows what number i can use in the /cl_timenudge command. When i try -30 it does lower my ping, but it makes my opponents appear very laggy on my screen. I'm not an expert but i do know your ping has to be suitable for the number you put in.

I've got a steady 248-250 ping on the FF server, so what number is recommended for high pingers like me? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

TAG : ¯||FF||¯StoRm ***

PostSubject: Re: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime03/10/13, 06:03 pm

you can use any value under zero up to -30, because beyond -30 it doesn't have any effect.
you can also adjust the cl_maxpakets to fix your ping/lag..
be advised that the server resets cl_timenudge to zero each round.
Back to top Go down
Kermit
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Kermit

TAG : ¯||FF||¯Totoro ***

PostSubject: Re: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime03/10/13, 07:59 pm

It depends on what do you wish to achieve Razz Lower ping? Better accuracy? See the game with no lag? XD

There are other values that can be changed with out touching timenudge or packets.
Back to top Go down
sswolf

sswolf

PostSubject: Re: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime03/10/13, 11:43 pm

Cl_timenudge doesn't reduce lag, the only thing that could reduce your lag in effective amounts is the quality of your internet connection, the timenudge only decreases the time in ms in which you receive packets from the server (aka negative value), or more correctly, the time in which the objects and environment is drawn.
Back to top Go down
Kustom
Retired Member

TAG : ¯||FF||¯Kustom ***

PostSubject: Re: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime04/10/13, 02:04 am

Thanks for the info guys. I'll experiment with a few of the timenudge numbers. Basically want i want was a good consistent setting that would work with my 250 ping, and 125 FPS.

There are other commands like Totoro mentioned, but i'm too scared to touch them lol

Cool 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with the /cl_timenudge command   Help with the /cl_timenudge command Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with the /cl_timenudge command
Page 1 of 1