Freedom Fighters Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freedom Fighters Clan

Welcome To The Home Of Freedom Fighters Clan

HomeFF HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Due to the lag in the server, we will be moving the server to a new location.

To enter the chat, click on "Login" in the Chatbox bellow. To see older messages in the chat, click on "Archives"

RTCW Master Server Is back!! Smile

How To Watch An RTCW Demo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

TAG : ¯||FF||¯StoRm ***

How To Watch An RTCW Demo Empty
PostSubject: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime29/03/10, 03:29 pm

This topic explains how to watch demo in RTCW which has been recorded by a player in a game, i will try to explain it deeply.

What is demo file?
Demo file is a game video recorded file which allowes to view a recorded demo of the gameplay.
This file has been recorded by using the demo function in the game's console, so it can be watched by the demo function in the game console.
The demo file's extention is "*.dm_57", so if i have a demo called "example" the file name will be "example.dm_57"

How to watch the demo?
You need to copy the demo file to the "Demos" subdirectory in "Main" subdirectory which can found in the game source path.
By default this is the path "\Program Files\Return To Castle Wolfenstein\Main\demos\"
Open this path and and copy the file in.
To watch a demo file name "example.dm_57" open the game console and type /demo example
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime29/03/10, 03:43 pm

Thanks dude ;Smile
Logically when you record a demo, file is named like that : demo1.dm_57 , for the second, demo2.dm_57 ,etc etc.
It's better to rename the file if you want to keep it. If you record a player named for example vinz (ok this isn't good example lol ),rename demo1.dm_57 in vinz.dm_57
Why ?because each time you switch off the game, next time you will switch on and record, new demo will remove the first. So extremely important to rename.
Back to top Go down
Kipper
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter

TAG : ¯||FF||¯Kipper ***

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime29/03/10, 11:35 pm

Vinz Vega wrote:
each time you switch off the game, next time you will switch on and record, new demo will remove the first. So extremely important to rename.

I have never lost my demos. And I don't rename it. New demo has always higher number than previous one - never mind if I switch off the game or not.

I think new demo may be removed only if you record it on different servers than previous and both are saved to same folder - not sure becouse, like I said, I have never lost demos. But for example if you record demos on ateam 1 and ateam 0 there is no problem becouse demos from both servers are saved in different folders. If you record demos only on serrver 1 and don't rename it you will not lost it Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime30/03/10, 12:08 am

Oh sorry Kipper . But what is strange is the fact that my demos from x server and others from y server were in the same demo folder. i will watch it. I noticed the post about recording demo. The cfg isn't the same i had in 'past ' When i recorded, if i didn't rename, new demo replaced the previous. Demo 2 became demo1, etc.
Maybe cuz the way of recording was different.
So here its different indeed. Instead of typing in console, it will be easy to do a bind on keyboard no ?Maybe binding doesn't work in ateam server ?? Hm seems that server is a little bit different about these technical aspects.If i said something wrong, then sorry and forget my reply. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kipper
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter

TAG : ¯||FF||¯Kipper ***

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime30/03/10, 12:43 am

I don't know Vinz, really. I was trying to remove/replace demo that way but I couldn't (even from different servers, saved in same folder). Maybe it was becouse of cfg you used.
Back to top Go down
Storm
Freedom Fighter
Freedom Fighter
Storm

TAG : ¯||FF||¯StoRm ***

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime30/03/10, 01:02 am

the recording function is a built-in function, so its default directory is "main", i think it can be changed in games ini or inf files.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime30/03/10, 02:14 pm

Kipper and Storm right , it' s because of my ancient cfg ,that i had to copy in autoexec file. It works on others servers, but nope on ateams.
Here is what i had , you will notice it's not the same that Storm posted on the topic "recording demo":

set devdll 1
set toggle1 "g_syncronousClients 1; vstr nextdemo; g_syncronousClients 0; set nexttoggle vstr toggle2"
set toggle2 "stoprecord; set nexttoggle vstr toggle1; echo Stop Recording ..."
set nexttoggle "vstr toggle1"
bind j "vstr nexttoggle"
set demo1 "record demo1; set nextdemo vstr demo2; echo Recording Demo #1"
set demo2 "record demo2; set nextdemo vstr demo3; echo Recording Demo #2"
set demo3 "record demo3; set nextdemo vstr demo4; echo Recording Demo #3"
set demo4 "record demo4; set nextdemo vstr demo5; echo Recording Demo #4"
set demo5 "record demo5; set nextdemo vstr demo6; echo Recording Demo #5"
set demo6 "record demo6; set nextdemo vstr demo7; echo Recording Demo #6"
set demo7 "record demo7; set nextdemo vstr demo8; echo Recording Demo #7"
set demo8 "record demo8; set nextdemo vstr demo9; echo Recording Demo #8"
set demo9 "record demo9; set nextdemo vstr demo10; echo Recording Demo #9"
set demo10 "record demo10; set nextdemo vstr demo11; echo Recording Demo #10 - last demo"
set demo11 "echo no more demos"
set nextdemo "vstr demo1

Ok so now, time to take Storm's method Wink Thanks guys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To Watch An RTCW Demo   How To Watch An RTCW Demo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How To Watch An RTCW Demo
Page 1 of 1